Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: Nivea Natural Volume Lip Gloss

Lately I can't stop myself from buying lip products, so when I see this cute lil' product I'm really curious and decided to buy it.


I bought this lip gloss at a discount price for $1.2 (IDR 12.000) the original price is $4.2 (IDR 42.000) which is the reason I'm attracted to this lip gloss at the first time. Sooo cheap!!


The product says that this lip gloss volumises the lips while it adds colour and moisture. The formula is enriched with a custom blend of burdock extract and hyaluronic acid to support the natural production of collagen, boosting it from within the addition of light-reflecting pigments that give an instant boost. Macadamia oil and vitamin E in the formula work to nourish the lips and keep them soft and smooth while the SPF 30+ helps to protect them against UVA and UVB rays. A subtle touch of peach pink pigment gives a light wash of colour to lips for a nude look.


The tube is pretty small and skinny and it has a slanted tip for easy application.


The gloss has a slightly sparkly orangish-pinkish shade to it, but it looks natural on the lips; it is not glittery. It is scented but I think the scent is like any other regular lip balm which I didn't mind, ohh and if you accidentally lick your lips after using this product it's a bit bitter so be careful!!

Here's what my lips look before, I hadn't applied any lip balm before so it's really dry.


Here's what it looks like after I apply the product, the gloss is not too glossy and shiny, it has a subtle shiny look which I really like and the lip gloss itself is not sticky like other lip gloss which gross me out. The orangish-pinkish color is also subtle so if you want more color you should wear your lipstick first. For the volume effect I don't think this product gives a lot of volume to my lips, so if you hope for a lip stung effect or a lips like Angelina Jolie don't get your hopes up since I don't think that this product gives any volume to your lips whatsoever...!! The moisturizing effect is also pretty good, my lips stays moist even after a few hours.

What i like about this product:
- non sticky
- subtle shine
- subtle color
- moisturize lips

What I don't like about this product:
- it taste bitter
- it doesn't give any volume whatsoever

Repurchase?
At the original price I don't think I will buy it again and will try other product, but at the discount price maybe I will buy it again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^