Monday, September 3, 2012

My Favorite Hairstyle #2: Braided Hair


Hello!! Hello!!
Everybody's been good?
It's the first Monday in September already..... I'm back from holiday to reality.... *sigh and the weather in Jogjakarta still pretty confusing. It's really hot in the day but cold at night. Last night I have to wrap myself in a blanket like a cocoon to make it warmer. Do you feel that way too? Or is it just me??

Anyway when daytime is really hot and humid like this I really really hate to parse my hair. The reason is obviously because it's hot and the second reason is my hair gets really limp and I don't like to wash my hair every single day just to get rid of the limp. Usually I just ponytail my hair but it gets boring sometimes, so what any other choices I have? Braid it!! I love to braid my hair, it's easy and it stays all day long!! I also prefer to do side braid since it's cuter and easier to make.

So here's some of my favorite braided hairstyle:

BTW forgive my almost bare face since I don't plan on going anywhere so yeahh... Anyway... Just focus on my hair... He he he... XP

Braided Bangs
I like to braid my bangs if my bangs gets too long and annoying but I'm still considering whether to trim it or not or when I do wanna trim it but still confuse on bangs style to choose. I think braided bangs is a cuter way than just using hair clip.


The braided bangs technique is a combination of french braid and regular braid, you do french braid on your front bang and when you braid all the way to side where your side bangs ends you continue the leftover hair with regular braids. You can make it tight or loose base on your preferences.


You can continue to braid your bangs with your hair and use hair tie to secure or you can just finish it with a cute hair clip or a bobby pin.

Video tutorial on braided bangs:


Similiar methor but different result on braided bangs.


Katniss Inspired Braid
When I braid my hair I usually braid it from the side of my temple, dutch braid it all the way back and to the other side and just did a regular braid. The reason I did this because my hair got a lot of layer and if I just did a regular side braid without the french braid my braid isn't gonna last long and it's gonna look too messy. I like messy braids but not "that" messy. This hairstyle is more known by Katniss Braid because she uses this hairstyle a lot in the movie "The Hunger Games".


Sorry if the pictures are not that clear, I don't have anyone to help me take picture so I have to do some acrobatic stunt to take these picture and those are the best one I get.


I preferred to braid my hair a bit loose since it's cuter that way. Below is the video tutorial from bebexo and I love all her hair tutorial!!


Fishtail Braid
My hair have a lot of layer so by doing fishtail braid it can stays all day long, I do this when I don't have the time to do the Katniss hair. I'm still not used to doing it so it takes a longer time to do it nicely. Fishtail braid itself looks elaborate and time consuming, but it's actually pretty easy to do.





Here's the close-up look to the braid.



Doesn't it looks cute!!


Irregular Ribbon Braid:
This hairstyle is actually a four strand braid, but instead of using all of your hair you add a ribbon to the 4 strand equation. That makes two hair strand + two ribbon strand. You can  also use other besides ribbon such as a thin scarf or one of those headband with  wire in it. If it's too hard just a regular three strand braid will also looks cute.






See how the ribbon alternates with your hair?? Is it cute or what!! You can also use a longer ribbon and tie it around your head first like a headband and continue down with the braid.

Here's the four strand with ribbon video tutorial, the girl is soo cute!!


And here's the tutorial on regular ribbon braid.


Thank's for coming by... http://www.emocutez.com 
Comments R' Loved...http://www.emocutez.com 
Follow is Even Better... http://www.emocutez.com 
Hugs N' Kisses!! http://www.emocutez.com

4 comments:

  1. thanks God i found this. hehee.
    thanks so much for helping me <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. jd pengen rambutku kembali panjang! akh >.<
    tp aku naek motor, pake helm bubar semua :DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahaha.. hayuk rambut panjang *padahal kepingin pendek

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^