Thursday, November 22, 2012

Several Ways of Doing Chizu Saeki Lotion Mask

Hello again...

Yesterday was my birthday and to celebrate it I took my friends for lunch and we ended up spending 6 hours at the restaurant. Luckily we don't get kick out #LOL.... When you're having fun time really do fly by.. And now I'm waiting for Tintas and Puput to come to my place but unfortunately it's raining since noon and since both of them use motorcycle I kinda doubt that they will continue their plan... Gee... I hope the rain subdue already.

Well... from the post title you'll know that I'm posting about Chizu Saeki Lotion Mask and I'm sure some of you have heard it already. The popular name is Chizu Saeki Method (CSM) or just Lotion Mask. I'm just gonna post a quick introduction on Chizu Saeki and how the lotion mask is usually done, because my main focus on doing this post is on several ways and materials that you can do to make this lotion mask.

Chizu Saeki, a renowned skincare guru in Japan who has worked as a beauty consultant in the beauty industry for 40 years and her most famous method of keeping her skin healthy and youthful is this lotion mask. Lotion? As a mask? Well what it means as a lotion in this mask is NOT a kind of lotion that we normally know. The "lotion" means more of a toner or a watery serum, I think the Japanese refer to toner as a lotion??. Although I also need to remind that the kind of toner/lotion that is best for this method is something with lit­tle or no alco­hol in it, and of course, all nat­ural and with­out arti­fi­cial preser­v­a­tives or syn­thetic fra­grances. 

The more popular method that I know for people doing this method is by doing it with facial cotton and Hada Labo Lotion, but since I don't want to buy another product I just use my favorite emulsion and mix it with water to make a watery emulsion and soak it in whatever mask I use. 

My 1st Method

Here's my basic version on making this mask:


What you need:
- Facial cotton
- Small container to mix the mask concoction
- Emulsion / Essence / Serum
- Water.


Combine water and emulsion. Why? As I said before I don't want to buy another product and just want to use the one I have right now. It's perfectly okay if you wanted to buy the lotion though. I use distilled water and The Skinfood Deep Sea Water Multi Gel, but sometimes I change the combination with other emulsion, serum, and essence that I have, but remember to choose the kinds that blends well with water.


Mix the water and emulsion. I choose to mix them before and not soak the cotton in water first and added the emulsion later like the original version. The reason is because simply I'll use more emulsion and it's a waste of product. It's the same principle anyway (IMHO).


Dip the facial cotton in the container and then peel it. After that you stretch the peeled cotton and put it on your face. 3 cotton is enough for my whole face and I peel each of them in 3 layer. I forgot to take a picture but you'll get the gist of it in this video.



My 2nd Method

My 2nd method is using another type of cotton. I found it accidentally while looking around at cosmetic area in local department store. The cotton looks like this.


I forgot how much this was but I think it's around $0.9 (IDR 9000).


Some instructions at the back.



It has a round shape so it's kinda hard to put it in your face evenly, so I cut some of the cotton in half. The ways of making the mask is the same. Here's what I look like when using this mask. 

2012-09-14-09-31-30_deco, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

My 3rd Method

The third method is using DIY mask sheet that you can get at your local beauty store. I got mine at $ 0.7 (IDR 7000) in 10 mask sheet packs, But I found a cheaper one in Toko Dian Yogyakarta (The one next to Toko Mutiara Lempuyangan). It's $5 (IDR 50.000) for 100 pieces of facial and eye sheet mask. So I got 100 sheets of facial sheet mask and I think 50 pairs of eye sheet mask (I haven't buy them yet).

The principle on making the mask is also still the same, in fact it's the easiest one since you just dip the mask sheet in the concoction.


CYMERA_20120918_095904, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

My 4th Method

The 4th method is using cleansing wipes, I don't have any specific brands but I tends to choose the one with less or no alcohol and the one with smooth sheet. Again the methods of making the mask is the same but I usually wash the cleansing wipes first with water, squeeze excess water and dip it in the mask concoction. usually around 2 sheets is enough. Why I wash the cleansing wipes with water? Well I usually did that if there's an alcohol in the wipes, so I washed it to get rid of the alcohol. But if the one that I bought has no alcohol in it and I'm kinda lazy too #LOL I just dip it right away.


Talk about glowing right??

Have you try this mask?
What is your recipe?
Had other ways of doing it?

P.S: I'm thinking on posting my Birthday lunch yesterday but I'm still a bit lazy. So give me your comment if you're interested.

Thank's for coming by... http://www.emocutez.com 
Comments R' Loved...http://www.emocutez.com 
Follow me If U Like... http://www.emocutez.com 
Hugs N' Kisses!! http://www.emocutez.com

15 comments:

  1. oalah, cisu cisu itu gini tho -_-
    aku ga cocok berarti.. pernah nyoba pake toner viva sama hadalabo malah beruntusan.. ngalamat mukaku yang seksi jadi nggak seksi lagi -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. kalo pake toner biasa ada alkoholnya say, trus gag smua org cocok pake HL. makanya aku pake apa aja yg ada nih, pake emulsion tsf

    ReplyDelete
  3. aku pake toner viva yg green tea soalnya g ada alkohol... (sepertinya dgn pengetahuan ingredientsku yg minim :p) pindah dr lemon soalnya ada ethanolnya.... masih bingung ini mau pilih lotion baru,, aku hadalabo cocok aja sih pake yg shirojyun tp mau pake yg putih tapi masih galau,.... XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. mau coba aaaah.. thanks ya infonya ;D

    follback blok aku ya, thankyouuuuuuu.. http://reeeeeezki.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah love this post! I'll try the last way, I think is the best of all :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. whatever works for you dear.... gag ada larangan kok.. selama cocok dan sukses why not? Shirojyun bukannya yg whitening ya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank u... let me know if this methods works for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. never heard of the method. but well, thanks for sharing:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. mbak Sekar masih suka ber-CSM gak? pakenya tiap brp hari bagusnya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masih 2-3 kali seminggu.
      Katanya sih tiap hari juga bagus-bagus aja. Tapi ya suka lupa soalnya aku hehehe

      Delete
  10. saya udah lama banget pakai metode ini tapi saya pakai habalado, harganya sekrang kan murah krn bisa di dapetin di indonesia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya lebih praktis kalau langsung pake lotionnya

      Delete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^