Sunday, March 10, 2013

MakeUpNista Challenge March: Rock Star

ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ Hey Y'all!!

After a few month hiatus Make-Up Nista Challenge is finally back!! This month theme is Rock Star yeah!! I was pondering for a while whether I want to do this make-up challenge or not but when I was tidying up my book shelf I stumble upon on old "Cure" magazine. FYI Cure Magazine is a Japanese Magazine on Japanesque Rock and Visual Styling, I got that magazine from my BFF Ratih. So I'm thinking.... Heck Yeah!! I'm gonna a Visual Kei look!! 

If you don't know what a Visual Kei is; it is a movement among Japanese musicians, that is characterized by the use of make-up, elaborate hair styles and flamboyant costumes, often, but not always, coupled with androgynous aesthetics. Some sources think that visual kei refers to a music genre, with its sound usually related to glam rock, punk rock and heavy metal. However, Visual Kei’s unique clothing and make-up fashions, and participation in the related sub-culture, is equally as important as the sound of the music itself in the use of the term as while similarities can be drawn between some bands; most are from widely different genres including but not limited to Pop, heavy metal, power metal, classical, rap and electronic. Other sources, including members of the movement themselves, state that it is not a music genre and that the fashion and participation in the related subculture is what exemplifies the use of the term. (taken from Wikipedia)

Here's what Visual Kei looks like:

GACKT
He's one of my favorite VK Singer and a have several of his songs in my playlist. He plays several movie too and one of his latest role is in Akumu-chan Dorama.

Juliette (credit to listal.com)
LM.C (credit to 56tyty)
I love LM.C and have one of their album too!! 

Miyavi (credit to visual-keios.com)
This guy is my favorite j-rock VK singer ever!!! I don't know.. I just have a soft spot for this guy. I love his song and he's a MAD guitar player!!

So from what I've been strolling around the web, what I found about this Visual Kei is that
- they have heavy eye make up or usually a smokey one
- eerrily flawless skin
- their lips usually concealed or have a dark fuller lips
- no eyebrow!! or usually a tiny slanted eyebrow
- colorful hair!!

Here's what I looks like in an attempt to make a Visual Kei look...




My eyebrows are pretty thick and I don't want to shave them, so it was concealed with the glue stick technique.



BTW I had help by Puput in making this look. Thank U Put for helping me!! VK usually has straight hair but I just waved my before I even think on making this make-up challenge so I don't want to ruin my hair, plus my hair straightener is broke anyway. Here's more picture...!! #LOL




My bangs are weird because of a failed weird attempt on using petroleum jelly as a substitute for hair wax #LOL #facepalm




Face:
- Makeover Creamy Foundation
- Immortal Two Way Cake
- Makeover Concealer
- Kryolan Concealer

Eyes:
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Black Bean
- Aubeau Eye Base
- Bless Eyeshadow Black
- Sariayu Lasem Eyeshadow
- Viva Cream Eyeshadow Silver
- Etude House Drawing Eyeliner White
- Viva Eyebrow Pencil
- Princess Mint Softlens

Lips:
- Etude House Lip Concealer

Hair:
- Tsuyagla Wave

P.S: Have you entered my giveaway? It will ends in three days!! Go visit here.

20 comments:

  1. Visual Kei XD
    Wuis, keren makeupnya. foto terakhir mantap bgt ekspresinya. Hehehe


    Asyik nih makeup challengenya
    Mau ikutan dong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayuukk bikin juga..!! Temanya Rock Star sebetulnya. Tapi berhub VK Mania >.< Eh sebetulnya Miyavi Mania deng #LOL

      Delete
  2. foto ke 6..ato ke brapa itu .. sangarnya dapet XDD~

    jadi terinspirasi pengen buat..tapi bingung siapa.. soalnya rambut gw panjang terurai dan gk di cat XDD

    nice post XD~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayukkk bikin....
      Meramaikan make-up nista challenge ^^

      Delete
  3. Keren2!!!
    ayo kondangan dgn dandanan ini!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha klo kondangan ada cosplay ato themenya boleh lahhh

      Delete
  4. With the makeup n outfit, you definitely look like a rockstar! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Sarvin, it was hard lookin for the outfit to match with the make-up. It was the only one I had that a wee bit VK-ish?!?!

      Delete
  5. satu kata "kereeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn abisssss top cer !"
    berapa kata tu ya ? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. ternyata kalo difoto jadi sangaarr
    next time kita cari catok sama hairspray warna ya karr ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. keren bgt!!! cara nutupin eyebrownya gmn say, pake apa?

    http://imaginarymi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alisnya ditutup dengan dioles lem stick trus ditimpa cream foundie

      Delete
  8. Hai Sekar :)

    bibirnya memang sengaja ga diwarnai ya? keren euy! bisaan aja bikin make up begini.. O.o

    aku ijin follow blog kamu yaa, salam kenal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iya bibirnya ditutup pake cream foundie, niru yg Juliette.
      Salam kenal juga Arundati!

      Delete
  9. kalau kamu bilang kamu rockstar aku percaya :D
    kereeeeeeen make up nya

    ReplyDelete
  10. woooww kerennnn make up nya XD
    Bisa jadi garang gitu >.< padahal aslinya unyu"


    http://barbie-kawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^