Saturday, June 1, 2013

Crochet Wristwatch Band

(●´・ω・)ノ☆☆☆HELLO☆☆☆☆ヽ(・ω・`○)

I can't believe it's a new month already.... My extended vacation has been extends for more than a month now he he he ((*´∀`*))ノ゛バイ②♪. I know I should have back to Jogjakarta and started packing my stuff but the thought of having to move and tidying up all of the stuff that I've been hoarding in my room makes me dizzy ( #LOL I have to many things).

Okay.... So I've been staying at my aunt's house in Jakarta and while searching for yarn to use for crocheting I found this wrist watch that has no arm band

.
The watch belongs to my cousin and my guest is either she lost the band because her children plays with it or because her children plays with it and ruin the band, bottom line is this watch is still in good condition. Because it is such a waste of a good watch I think it would be great if I make a crochet band for the wrist watch and this lovely colorful soft yarn would look really cute.



The wrist watch band itself is pretty easy to make, just by joining the yarn where the band suppose to go in and then sc (single crochet) around.


It only takes 5 sc to cover the steel hollow part thingy (IDK what it's called but you can see from the picture right?). After that make *1 chain, turn, sc around*. Repeat ** until you reach the desired length (approximately half your wrist). 


To make buttonhole for the band I did 1 sc, 3 chain, 1 sc so there's a hole and then I did 1 chain, turn and 1 sc, 3 sc on top of the 3 chain-space and 1 sc. Voila!! You have a button hole!! 


After I finish the band I did an sc around the band to make the band looks smoother.


I repeat the same process on the other side and weave in the leftover yarn.


I found this button that fits the button hole (it's the only button that I found actually).


Sew it on the other side of the band.


The finished result is pretty awesome if I may say so... (*・∀・*)ノシ


When I give this to my cousin she was extremely happy!! She said that she's been dreaming to have this type of watch all along!! So kudos for myself again ☆ (⌒▽⌒)☆ #LOL.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Sekar
    U are pretty talented. the wrist band is really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baguuus....... :)

    gitalockwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahhh kerennn. Aku juga suka crochet dulu. Tapi sekarang males >_<
    Aku bukan orang yang kreatif soalnya hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^