Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: Real Techniques Stippling Brush

ヾ( ❀◕◡◕ฺฺ )ノ【*Η*Ε*Ļ*О*О*】ヽ(◕◡◕❀ฺ )ノ\

I'm planning to go out on a picnic today but unfortunately since the weather are quite bad so the plan is cancelled... Anndd..... Since I have pretty much nothing to do why not post another update !! ◠‿◠ϡ There's gonna be two update for this blog, one is another beauty review and the other one is a tutorial for making a crochet tube bangle so I hope you can read both of them (✧◡✧)❤.

So I usually did my make-up using finger or sponge and never thinks about getting a brush before but since my friend uses them so I'm beginning to think that I need one too... This is actually the second facial brush that I have the first one is also from Real Techniques which is the expert face brush.

I got this particular brush as a gift and I think I already throw out the brush packaging, so If I found it I'm gonna update the post with the product package. But basically the brushes are packaged pretty nicely and each brush comes in a plastic case with the name of the brush on the front. On the back of the case there's an information on the brush, the brand, and Samantha Chapman herself.

Description (from web):
This dual-fiber brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high-definition results with all types of makeup:
  • Look pixel-perfect even in harsh light.
  • Ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free.
  • Self-standing for easy storage.
  • Extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use.




The Brush:
The brushes from Real Techniques are separated and color coordinated into three categories. This one is in the "finishing" category, so it has a pink aluminum handle. The bottom of the handle is a black rubbery piece with a flat bottom so that it can be easily stored standing upright but makes it hard for me to keep in a make-up case because it makes the brush a bit bulky. The brush handle is very lightweight and very comfortable to hold. It features the name of the brush on one side, and the Real Techniques logo on the other but the name and logo came off easily if you're the type to keep your brushes in the make-up case like me. So to make the logo last longer I coat it with a transparent nail polish top coat.


Real Techniques Stippling Brush has duo-fiber, black and white bristles. The black bristles are shorter and more densely packed than the white bristles. When I run my fingers through the brush I can feel that the bristles are quite soft although when I use the brush on my face it feels slightly jagged and uncomfortable at first but it doesn't bothers me now. Whether the brushes become softer the more often I use or it was because I'm getting used to the brush itself IDK. 


 The stippling brush bristles are very flexible and like I mention before although it feels a bit jagged at first it becomes softer the more I use them but still firm enough and doesn't bends when it touches the skin. The white bristles on the brush also remain spotless after numerous uses and don't have foundation or bb cream stain after I wash it. Even after I wash them numerous time I found no bleeding or shedding has occurred so far. Not only the bristles can be wash entirely clean but it also dries very fast because it's from synthetic material. Plus since this brush has long ferrule (or maybe no ferrule??) I don't have to be extra careful when running the brush heads under running water because I don't have to worry about water sipping through the ferrule and loosen the glue that holds the head from the brushes body.


The head Real Techniques Stippling Brush is smaller than other typical stippling brush. The brush has shorter bristles too and since the size is smaller it allow the brush to reach smaller spaces and crevices on the face although with the smaller size it took longer to put on foundation or bb cream on the face. But..... Because this brush has smaller head, it also makes this brush multi-purpose. I can use it for blusher, bronzer and highlighter too.



The ferrule of Real Techniques brushes is longer than most brushes (the pink aluminum part) I have. Most of the single brushes (not in set) from Real Techniques has a flat bottom so that it can stand on their own.
Use For:
I mainly use the stippling brush for my BB cream (sometimes foundation although I only have one foundation) and other than that I also use it from powder blusher, cream blusher, powder highlighter and liquid highlighter. This brush is perfect if I want to have a lighter cover for my BB cream and if I want heavier cover I use the Expert Face Brush. The brush also perfect for putting on finishing touches like highlighter because it can finish of my look without "moving" any products that I've already put on my face.

How To:
There are two methods on how I use this brush:
  1. I put some BB cream at the back on my hand and tap the product with the brush. I then dab the brush on my face with a stippling manner #DUH all over my face until the BB cream is applied evenly on my face. I don't do any swirling or buffing manner with the brush.
  2. I put dots of BB cream on my face and starts stippling until it's applied evenly on my face. I don't do this method if the BB cream is the type that sets faster though..
The reason I don't swirl or buff using this brush because aside from the name "Stippling Brush", I notice that if I use the brush the other way the product doesn't go into my face instead it gets deeper into the depth of the brush itself. So make sure that the products only go into the white bristles and not into the black bristles. Lastly like I mention before since the brush is smaller and I have to use it with stippling method it took me longer to put on my make-up since the longer I stipple the more airbrushed my skin will look. Therefore it really isn't ideal if I want to put on make-up quicker. I mostly use Expert Face Brush if I don't have time but if I have more time I use the Stippling Brush.

BTW I have acne prone skin and even though it's in a controllable state right now I still have one or two occasional acne on my face although it wasn't big and nasty, and by using the Stippling Brush it can cover the raised areas on my skin better than using only fingers. Which meant that I don't have to use concealer to cover those areas and it's a PLUS since I hate using concealer!!

Likes:
- Soft and durable bristles.
- Can reach into contour and cervices.
- Multi-purpose.
- Easy to wash and clean.
- Quick dry.

Dislikes:
- Took more time to put on make-up.

Recommended?
YES!! ❀ヽ(ˉ▿ˉ)ノ❀

FYI I found that the Stippling Brush takes more products than the Expert Face Brush. Does it happens to you too??

Have you try any Real Techniques Brush before?
What is your favorite brush? 

MyOLShopku Pernak Pernik Sekar ^^

6 comments:

  1. kalo diliat dari atas kayak hedgehog yah kak :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah, aq belom pernah nyoba stippling brush, sich, soalnya belum bisa pakainya he he >.< biasanya kalau bb cream aq pakai foundation brush aja.
    Kalau blush dan highlighter, pakai blush brush.
    *skillq masih pas2an
    tapi suatu saat pengen juga dandan sendiri nyoba2 brush jenis ini
    nice info btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cobain yuuk! Bisa buat blush dan highlighter juga loh ^^
      #racun #modus

      Delete
  3. absen siiiis.. eke berkunjung yaa.. jd bagusan expert ato stippling nih? epert itu bs multitasking jg kan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TQ udah mampir ^^
      Kalo aku lebih suka Expert Face dibanding Stippling

      Delete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^