Friday, July 26, 2013

Tutorial: DIY Ombre Shorts

Got a few of unused jeans?? Why not turn them into a new pair of shorts!! But just cutting the jeans into a regular ole pair of shorts would be boring right?? So here's a tutorial on how to change your unused jeans into an ombre shorts. Why buy it if you can make it right??


So after I come home and cleaning my closet I found a lot of unused jeans. I have several ideas on how to upcycle them but I'm thinking on making the ombre shorts first.


I had this blue jeans that has faded color which will be perfect for this project.


Step 1:
Cut the jeans into any size you like, if you want to roll the bottom make sure you cut an extra 5-10 cm because it will be too short when you want to roll it. I wanted my shorts bottom to be shredded so I just cut it right on. How I cut it is I wear the shorts first and mark the place where I want the shorts to be like and then just cut it.


Step 2:
Prepare the bleaching solution to dip the pants in. I don't know the exact amount but I use around 150ml bleach in a bucket that has been filled half. 


Step 3:
Make sure to wet the whole shorts first before dipping it into the bleaching solution. Otherwise the bleaching will climb onto the dry parts of the pants and it's gonna look weird (unless that's what you're aiming for ^^).
 I dip around 2/3 part of the pants and leave it for about 10-15 minutes (or until you reach the desirable color) and then turning it and wait for the same amount of time. 


Step 4:
Pull the pants up and leave 1/3 part of the pants in the bleaching solution and then leave it for about 10-15 minutes (or until you reach the desirable color) and same with step 3 I turn the pants and leave it for the same amount of time.


Step 5:
To stop the bleaching process dip the pants into vinegar solution. I use a small bottle of vinegar and about a bucket of water and leave it for about 10-15 minutes.


Step 6:
Make sure to rinse the pants well and you're ombre shorts is done!!

2 comments:

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^