Tuesday, August 13, 2013

DIY: Stitch Marker from Paper Clip

For a crochet addict like me a good stash of stitch marker are very important. But what if the stitch marker get lost all the time? I know mine always is... Buying them again would be a waste of money because it will get lost again and if I make my own using beads and lobster clasp thingy would be good too but the clasp keep ruining my nails.

These are my DIY stitch marker that I've made before and for some reason all of them are missing m(_._)m. So what do I do? I've seen on a blog before of somebody who use paper clip as her stitch marker and I always stash a good load of paper clip.




Just slide the paper clip on designated stitch ^^


The problem with the paper clip is that it sometimes has a pointy ends and bits of yarn would stuck on the pointy end. To overcome this problem I bend the paper clip slightly like the picture above but then comes another problem....!! Because the paper clip is loose it keep falling off my crochet project.


And then I got another idea!! I use to bend paper clip back in junior high I think and turn them into heart shape paper clip.


Voila!! Super easy and dirt cheap heart shape stitch marker!!


Did any of you use paper clip as stitch marker?
Or do you have other alternative on DIY stitch marker?
Share me your thoughts ^^

2 comments:

  1. I always use paper clips to mark my crochet. Your idea of making them into hearts is cool. Thanks for the great idea! BTW I always thought I would not tell anyone about the paper clips because I thought they would think I was too cheap to buy any traditional clips. I really don't like what there is on the market enough to pay for them.
    Cathy the Bagg Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my friends use paper clip too. It's more convenient and I don't have to worry if I loose them again.

      Delete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^