Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: Cow Brand Skinlife Foaming Facial Wash

I have an oily combination and acne prone skin and every time I see products that claims can help acne my eyes turns green immediately!! So my eyes are definitely turns green when I saw this products from Cow Brand. It's called Skinlife Medicated Acne Care Foaming Facial Wash.... 

Description:
Moisture-rich soap that preserves skin moisture by dense and gentle lather.
  • Provide the skin clean, soft and moist, improve skin texture for the better and make pores look smaller and thus free from acne
  • Raise the dead skin around the pores which are the cause of sebum and make skin brighter
  • Oil free Allergy tested


Packaging:
This facial wash comes in a pump bottle and it has a lovely red and white color. Kinda patriotic? He he he... It actually has a guard for the pump to prevent accidental spill and make it saver for travel. But I won't take it for travel because it's too bulky.



Ingredients:
Water, PEG-400 (Moisturizer), Lauric Acid (Emulsifier), Myristic Acid (Moisturzer/Emulsifier), Potassium Hydroxide (pH Adjusters), Lauryl Hydroxysultaine (Surfactant), Dipropylene Glycol (Solvent/Moisturizer), Potassium Cocoyl Glycinete (Surfactant/Emollient), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate (Anti-Inflammatory/Anti-Allergic), Malic Acid (Anti Oxidant), Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Juice Extract, Butylene Glycol (Solvent/Moisturizer), Penoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance, 3-methyl 4 Iso Prophenol, EDTA



The Facial Wash:
The facial wash itself is watery and has a slight lemon scent. I definitely can't put this in a smaller container for traveling purposes because I have to use the pump to make the facial wash into foams. The Body Shop has similar foaming facial wash but since it has a smaller size it's more suitable for traveling.


The Foam:
The foam is very soft and bouncy!! I really like it!! It felt really soft and my skin and although it stings a bit when I use it (from the lemon juice extract I guess) the stings is gone after a few second. After I rinse my face with water my face feels really clean and fresh. A slight tight sensation though but a slap of toner afterwards solve this problems.

My Verdict:
 I only use this facial wash for a week without using acne medication and sadly this facial wash did not help with my existing acne. It was still there and it didn't become smaller or anything, although I don't notice any new acne while using it. I think this facial wash works better for preventing acne than treating acne. The product also claims to brighten up acne marks but I didn't notice anything different either even after a month so definitely still have to use my night cream.

What I Like:
- nice lemon scent
- my skin feels clean and fresh
- prevent acne

What I don't Like:
- stings a bit
- did not help with existing acne

Where to Buy?
Guardian, Grand Lucky, Papaya, Yogya

How Much?
IDR 58.000 or $5.8
*prices may vary on each store


1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. I look forward to read your response.

    http://forallthatbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/08/thank-you-charlotte-from-makeup-by.html

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^