Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review: NYX Retractable Eye Liner

O Hello!!

I just got back from Jakarta this morning and super tired, but since I had a spare time tonight I wanted to make a review on theses NYX Retractable Eye Liner that I had for quite some time now and really loving it!! I prefer this type of eyeliner because liquid eyeliner bristle tends to stuck between my eyelashes and makes application a bit hard and messy. So generally I prefer pencil eye liner but I still like liquid eye liner because it gives a more bold and precision look.

Anyway back to NYX Retractable Eye Liner.... I had five of these baby and I really really want to get them in more color but had to held back to save money and I don't think I'm gonna use the other color every day anyway. But if I bought them I had to make myself to use them anyway right??? Ahhh.... Somebody stop me!!!


Packaging:
I really like this eye liner because it's retractable and I don't need to sharpen it because I am really bad at doing it. Most of my pencil eyeliner gone in a flash because I can't help myself from over-sharpening them. This means no more waste products too!! On the other side because I can't sharpen them I can't make a fine line with this eye liner.


Colors:
There are 18 color and I have 5 of them.

Aqua Green
Aqua Green is a beautiful shimmer teal.

Lime Green
Lime Green is shimmery lime green

Deep Blue
Deep Blue is a shimmery dark denim or is it navy?

Bronze
 Bronze is a dark brown with pink shimmers on it.

Deep Purple
 Deep purple is a matte dark purple.

The Eye Liner:
These eye liners are quite pigmented when I swatch them on my hand but when I apply them on my eyes they are not as pigmented. I have to swipe them several times to get a desirable results. Also funny thing is some colors glides better than the other one. For example the Bronze one glides really well but the Deep Purple is a bit waxy and kinda dragged a bit on my skin. Tugging my eye solves this dragging problem though....

Smudge Test:
Once this baby are set it cannot budge so if I want to smudge this out for a smokey eyes look (although I rarely did that) I have to do it right away because once the colors are on it stays on like forever!! I try to rub them really hard with my hand and they just won't budge.


 Waterproof Test:
For waterproof test I put the swatch on my hand, put it on running water and then try to rub my hands real hard.


I put these liner in running water for about a minute and they pretty much stays the same like Joey McIntyre song #LOL.


After the running water test I keep my skin in a damp condition for about 30 seconds and wipe really hard with my hands and it only smudge a little bit. I think it was good since normally I would never rubs my eyes really hard like that.

Easy to Clean:
I'm using waterproof make-up remover and it was pretty easy to clean. Just one gentle swipe almost clean the whole products.


What I Like:
- Waterproof
- Smudgeproof
- Great color

What I Don't Like:
- Drags my skin a bit.
- Some colors glides better that the other.

Where to Buy?
27 Shop
What's your favorite pencil eye liner?
Any favorite color?

18 comments:

  1. deep blue warnany cakeps banget *u*

    ReplyDelete
  2. bagus banget review-annya >.< produk yg hrs di beli nih :D

    Invite you to enter my giveaway
    Lotus Blossom Design Giveaway Win $50 gift card
    Hope you will join :) Thank you!

    New post:
    Review: Citra Hazeline Spotless White Glow UV
    Black and White - Kpop Girl's Day Expection

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com
    www.tokoluchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. pengen banget yg aqua green. lagi mikir2 ikut PO apa ga. eh gara2 post ini jd tambah mupeng.
    Anyway I Fol ur blog.. jessicaliani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uda coba warna apa aja? Penasaran sama warna lain tapi masi dilemma juga. Nunggu diskon gede aja deh.

      Delete
  4. Warnanya cantek2 Sekar... Jadi mupeng... >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe nungguin si Ephong ngajakin PO bareng di Mbak Indah yuukk

      Delete
  5. Aaaaahk... Mba sekar racun banget^^ whist list nih bulan depan..

    Sistersdyne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyknya maybelline hyper glossy liquid liner yg baru mirip deh warnanya say. Cm berhub o'on pake liquid liner ya lebih suka ini hehehe

      Delete
  6. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah....*panjang bgt ahnya* pengen yg warna aqua green <3 warnanya bagus bgt dech <3 *mupeng* warna purplenya juga bagus tp sayang gak ada glitter2nya gitu yach,,warna ungunya matte

    misseharascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. birunya!!! *melongok* cakep abissss <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh i love the deep blue and violet <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! :)
    Check out my blog @ www.makeupcorner18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^