Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review: Fusion Beauty Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight and Shimmer Kit

Hello there beautiful people!!!

Today I'm gonna review  Fusion Beauty Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight and Shimmer Kit that I got from StrawberryNET as their Blogger Collaboration Program. If you haven't heard about StrawberryNET.com they are one of the world’s largest online retailer of discount makeup, perfume, skincare and haircare, stocking over 30,000 products from 600+ leading brands – up to 60% OFF. They also offer FREE shipping on all orders anywhere in the world, which is awesome!!!! Aside from FREE Shipping the site also offers loyalty programs for customer and affiliate programs for bloggers. 

I'm a fan of shimmery stuff so when StrawberryNET.com offers me about this collaboration program I join it in a heartbeat!! The package comes after two weeks and to tell you the truth I totally forgot that I was joining this program #LOL but then a mail come from the post office to tell me that I have to pick up he package directly at the post office.


The package is super safe inside a layer of styrofoam and those peanuts thingy (what's it called anyway?). The inside sealed has been open so I guess one of the custom people open it to check what's inside but other than that the package is super save!!


Description:
Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight & Shimmer Kit is a multipurpose Highlight and Shimmer Collection compact for the eyes, lips, and cheeks.

What It Does: Now every angle is your perfect angle — day or night — with this chic and versatile compact that can be used at home or away to create a variety of looks. Formulated with an emollient cream to powder formulation, they hold up for maximum wear without ever creasing. Each of the five colors can be used all over the face


What's In The Box:
  •  2 All Over Highlighters (Cream Highlighter)
  • 2 All Over Shimmers (Pencil Highlighter)
  • 1 All Over Enhancer (Powdered Highlighter)

Ingredients: 
Just click on the picture to see a bigger image on the ingredients lists.


Packaging:
The Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight and Shimmer Kit looks kinda ordinary at first and it reminds me of a bento box he he he. But... It actually consists of four different layers and each of those layers can open out like a fan which is quite interesting. I can slide each layers up to 360 degrees which is also very convenient because I can access all products at once or maybe just use one product while the other products are close. By stacking the products like this also prevents product fall out because I hate it when one color transfers to the next color. This kit is very sturdy although it's quite bulky so I might considers twice if I wanted to take it with me for travels or vacation. Oh and BTW the clacking sound from the pencil highlighter bother me a bit but it's just me though.

Powdered Highlighter / All Over Enhancer (Anyplace)

Left: Anyplace Blended | Right: Anyplace Swatch

Powdered Highlighter / All Over Enhancer (Anyplace):
The first layer contain a powdered highlighter or the All Over Enhancer called Anyplace which I think like it's name is meant for a face highlighter but I think it's far too orange for me and more like a bronzer than a highlighter. My skin is quite pale so can you imagine how weird I would look if I use it all over my face? Except if I maybe aiming for a Ganguro look . Anyplace is a beautiful golden peach pink and it has a tiny gold shimmer if you look real closely. The texture of powdered higlighter is not dusty, in fact it's very soft, buttery, quite pigmented and has a decent staying power too! It blends nicely onto my skin and I mostly use it as a blusher or on top of my blusher to give a healthy glowy look. I've also try to use it as an eyeshadow but not all over my lid because my lid is super oily and it'll just gone in a flash. I like to put it on my brow bone, inner corner and on my agyeo-sal.

Cream Highlighter / All Over Highlighter (Top: Anywhere and Bottom: Anytime)

Anywhere

Anytime

Cream Highlighter / All Over Highlighter (Anywhere and Anytime):

The second layer contains two cream highlighter or the All Over Highlighter called Anywhere and Anytime. Anywhere is a nice gold color with a gold shimmer and Anytime tends towards pink champagne color with a silver shimmer although Anytime has a better color payoff than Anywhere. I think both color are very pretty and can be put on anywhere that I wanted to accentuate like mu upper cheekbones, my cupid's bow, brow bone, nose bridgw and basically anywhere that I wanted to highlight one. I personally think this one is the "highlighter" one and the powdered one is the blusher / bronzer. I tried using it as a cream eye shadow but if didn't use a good primer before it's gonna crease like nobody's business, plus my eyelids are oily so without primer it'll crease and then disappear in a flash but since it's not that pigmented too I think it's better as an eye shadow base.. The cream highlighter has a nice formula, even tough it's cream it doesn't feel sticky, sets quite fast, easy to blend and it has a powdered like finish! As a highlighter they definitely works better because it's not as pigmented as the powdered one, perfect for a natural looking highlight.

Pencil Highlighter (All Over Shimmer)

Top/Left: Nude Shimmer | Bottom/Right: Secret Shimmer

Left: Nude Shimmer | Right: Secret Shimmer


Pencil Highlighter / All Over Shimmer (Nude Shimmer and Secret Shimmer):
Lastly in the third layer there are two pencil highlighter or as the Ultraflesh called it the All Over Shimmer. There are two shades on this pencil highlighter called the Nude Shimmer and the Secret Shimmer. The Nude Shimmer is a pink champagne (kinda like a pencil form of the Anytime cream highlighter) and the Secret Shimmer is a pearly white color.  The size on these babies are small so I reckon it's perfect for traveling cos it didn't take up much space. I use both of this pencil on my waterline to make my eyes pops and looks bigger. The formula is creamy and quite easy to blend. I didn't experience any irritation or itchy on my eyes which is a big plus!! I also like to wear them on the inner corners of my eyes as well as my brow bone. The pencil itself is a twist-up pencil so no sharpening needed, if only the size were bigger though cos I accidentally snapped one of mine.


Mini Tutorial:
Here's a mini tutorial on how I use all of the products in the Fusion Beauty Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight and Shimmer Kit.


I prepped my face first (toner - moisturizer - sunblock), use a primer (Tony Moly Egg Pore Balm) and let it set first. After that I put on a BB Cream (Innisfree Jejubija Anti-Trouble BB Cream) and conceal my blemish marks and scars (Ponds Concealer). When I'm finish blending all those BB Cream and Concealer I use a loose powder (Marcks Loose Powder) to set the BB Cream and Concealer in place.

  1. I put on an eye primer first to make the eye make-up last longer (Jordana Eye Primer) and the Anywhere All Over Highlighter all over he eyelid and on the brow bone.
  2. Use the Anytime All Over Highlighter on inner lid.
  3. Use the Secret Shimmer All Over Highlighter on lower waterline and the Nude Shimmer All Over Highligher on under eye.
  4. Add a black eyeliner (Mizzu Perfect Wear Eyeliner Pen).
  5. Add mascara (Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara) and fill your brow (Viva Eyebrow Pencil).

Put the All Over Enhancer on cheeks and upper cheekbones. Lastly since the make-up is quite subtle I want to make it pop with a bold lips so I use NYX Round Lipstick in Femme and top it with NYX Butter Gloss in Cherry Pie.





Where to Buy?
http://iden.strawberrynet.com/makeup/fusion-beauty/ultraflesh-shine-box-highlight/141830/#langOptions

How Much?
The original retail price is IDR 436.243 but there's an 18% discount so it's IDR 357.943!! Get it now only at StrawberryNET.com!!!





Add me on your list  ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and comments...
I won't bite ^^